Find vectors that stay on their spans after a linear transformation. The 14th video in the series of 15 introduces the concept of eigenvectors, vectors that are only scaled during a linear transformation. The presentation illustrates the geometric interpretation of these special vectors and provides a general explanation on how to determine them.
- Review changes of basis with class members
- If using with the whole class, pause the video when asked and lead a verbal discussion on what was presented
- The class should be familiar with linear transformations, determinants, and linear systems
- Individuals should understand how to solve quadratics over the complex numbers
- Contains suggestions for videos to watch to explain assumed learning
- Includes a problem to work that highlights one of the concepts