This Emotional Care Unit lesson plan also includes:
High school can be tough—can your learners manage through all the stress? An 11-part unit helps teens get a handle on the emotional trials often encountered in high school. Each lesson focuses on positive techniques for developing and nurturing a kind, compassionate attitude toward others as a part of caring for one's own emotional needs.
- Use the resource as a complete unit, or add these lessons to other units throughout the year
- Save time by turning a few of the individual activities into whole-class activities
- Check out the materials section for each lesson in advance, as there are a wide variety of things to prepare
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- The culminating project is an excellent way to get students focused on improving their school support systems
- Each lesson is straightforward and well-organized