This Emotions, Regulation Strategies lesson plan also includes:
To regulate emotions in a conflict it is first necessary to be able to identify those emotions. To that end, class members engage in a series of activities, watch a series of videos, and compete worksheets that help them understand and manage emotions.
- Post the emotions chart at the entrance to the classroom and have pupils tap the image that illustrates how they are feeling as they enter
- Then have individuals journal about what gave rise to these emotions
- Fourth in a series of nine resources focusing on conflict resolution
- Lessons are cumulative and designed to be used in order
- Also included are tips for how to relieve stress and strategies that help learners regulate their emotions