How does the economy affect the environment—and vice versa? A video from Crash Course Economics discusses the ways supply and demand for products made with non-renewable resources can result in the Tragedy of the Commons, or even in the Rebound Effect.
- Integrate the video into an interdisciplinary project between science and economics
- Prompt small groups to investigate the ways that industrial demand impacts the environment, and to come up with a thesis about the role of the government in these issues
- Comment section is open to the public and is full of opinions about climate change
- Part 22 of a 35-video series on economics
- Presents both sides of the argument about government regulation in environmental controls
- Real-world examples and helpful animations handily explain complex concepts