This Episode 6: Demand audio also includes:
Have you ever noticed that the price of an item in the store suddenly drops or rises? Historians investigate the concept of demand in the sixth installment of a 21-part Economic Lowdown series explaining aspects of the economy. A podcast introduces the habits of consumers and how those habits impact the overall price of items in the store. Viewers analyze how the demand curve is created and gain knowledge into price shopping—eventually getting the best bang for their buck!
- Create a handout on the demand curve concept that includes a chart and reading passage
- Brainstorm current prices of items in the store and what the price indicates about the demand for that product
- Ensure students have reliable Internet access if assigning the podcast as homework
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Podcast and video formats help teachers differentiate instruction
- Provides a transcript of the video for use in planning