Fifty years ago, women were much less likely to die from smoking-related ailments than men. But thanks to targeted advertisements for and a wider availability of tobacco products, men and women are now equally susceptible to the health risks associated with tobacco use. An infographic details the increased dangers to women when it comes to smoking.
- Encourage small groups to conduct additional research on any of the facts listed
- Prompt class members to write a letter to an advertising company, persuading them not to advertise tobacco products
- The most recent statistic is from 2014
- Best used as an electronic resource
- Focuses on one population's history with the tobacco industry
- Conveys little-known facts about women's health