This Ethical Decision Making lesson plan also includes:
When faced with a dilemma, how do journalists decide how much news to use? Social media scholars explore the philosophies of ethical resolution in the first of a 16-part Social Media Toolbox series. Partnered pupils use a Potter Box to analyze a given scenario before completing individual essays describing what they learned from the process.
- Create a few back-up scenarios for groups to analyze in case some finish early
- Recruit members of your journalism community to evaluate group Potter Box presentations
- Place learners in groups of three or four and keep the same groups for the entire lesson
- Consider creating a fillable Potter Box template and having each group complete theirs on computers
- The resource encompasses many different philosophies and approaches to ethical decision-making
- Teacher tools make lesson planning and delivery simple