This Everyday Engineering: Foil Boats activity & project also includes:
Keep one's dream of becoming an engineer afloat. Learners apply the engineering design process to build a boat out of aluminum foil. They start with a square boat, then consider whether boats of different shapes would be able to hold more weight.
3 Views 2 Downloads NGSS: Adaptable
- If weather permits, take pupils outside to test their boats
- A sheet of aluminum foil and some uniform weights are necessary
- Requires an area in which water spillage would not be a concern
- Provides a link to another video of interest
- Directions have pictures that show each step