Evolution is a theory but thank goodness gravity is a law. What is the theory of evolution and what are the facts supporting this theory? Here's a short video that explains how fossils, homologous structures, biogeography, and direct observation give support to this theory.
- Pause video after each example and allow learners to ask questions and discuss
- Ask class members to research and present findings on macroevolution
- Video 20 in a series of 40
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Videos related to evolution are embedded
- Very interesting and engaging segment on current examples of evolution - genetic makeup of mosquitoes changing due to applications of DDT in China and Italian wall lizards evolving to a new island's food sources