Explore music through the decades with an engaging video brought to you by the 5-part harmony acapella group, Pentatonix. Genuine musical talents sing through a variety of popular music from the 11th century to the 2010's. Artists include Eva Cassidy, The Andrew Sisters, Ritchie Valens, Aretha Franklin, Michael Jackson, Beyonce, and many more!
- Play the video at the start of your music history lesson to grab scholars' attention
- After listening and watching, assign or direct learners to choose a time period to research and report their newfound knowledge to their peers
- Find recordings of original songs featured in the music video and play them for a more in-depth look at specific artists and their work
- User comments and related videos are visible; have the video ready to play in full-screen mode to avoid class members losing focus
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Displays the date from which the music was introduced
- Video changes from black and white to color as the decades become more modern