This Exploring Liquids and Solids lesson plan also includes:
Ahoy mate! Grab your telescope, adjust your eye patch, get your pirate hat ready and explore what sinks or floats in an engaging activity about liquids and solids. Young sailors learn about different properties and characteristics of liquids and solids and how the mighty seas need to be conserved/protected.
- Vocabulary may be too advanced, scaffold by making a large chart of scientific terms kids are learning: liquid, solid, gas, gravity, material, volume, weight using colorful markers
- Read aloud Sink or Float by Vijaya Khisty Bodach as an introduction to the unit
- Discuss what toys kids put into the bathtub, do they sink/float?
- Materials need to be obtained and prepared before lesson
- Assistants are needed for science exploration time
- Water areas need to be away from electronic devices
- Activities are well written and easy to follow
- STEM aligned for preschoolers
- Exercises that are engaging