This Exploring the Lotus Effect activity & project also includes:
The Lotus Effect ... is it not some kind of yoga pose. In the last installment of a nine-part series, young scientists observe the Lotus Effect on lotus leaves and water-repellent cloths. They observe how motion and damage affect the superhydrophobicity of the lotus leaves.
- Have the class conduct a research project investigating uses of superhydrophobic materials
- Activity builds on knowledge from associated lesson
- Lab activity requires some specialized materials not typically found in the classroom
- Includes optional activity extensions
- Teacher resource lists tips to conduct experiment smoothly
- Resource has some typos