This Exploring Trophic Cascades interactive also includes:
What happens when the top predator on an ecosystem disappears? Scholars explore this idea through an introduction example and four case studies. They learn to analyze the importance of every member in a food pyramid to come to their conclusions.
2 Collections 15 Views 6 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable NGSS: Designed
- Have students present their own case studies from your local area
- Works well in small groups or by individual students depending on technology limitations
- Relies on prior knowledge of food pyramids and interdependence
- Teaches a concept then immediately applies it to case studies
- Works well in traditional or flipped classes