This Extension Activity Building a Healthy Classroom Community lesson plan also includes:
Workout buddies aren't just for adults! Learners discuss the benefits of 60 minutes of physical activity each day and generate ideas for how they can accomplish this by working toward a goal with friends.
225 Views 137 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Collaborate with a physical education teacher on ways to improve this group activity
- Have the PE instructor come in to discuss the physical health benefits of 60 minutes of activity and its effect on energy levels, body composition, the presence of illness and disease, etc.
- As an alternative, have learners attempt to complete 60 minutes a day of activity for a week by themselves. Then, arrange learners in groups or partners the following week to complete the same task and ask them to compare and contrast the two weeks
- Includes student activity log (see additional materials)
- Simple activity steps that can be carried out quickly