Use common factors to simplify expressions. The resource introduces factoring out the greatest common factor to simplify algebraic expressions. Worked examples include basic linear with numerical common factors to expressions that have common monomial factors containing variables.
- Have pairs create expressions they can factor and share with their classmates
- The class should understand how to expand using the distributive property
- Students must know how to multiply variables
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Provides problems for individuals to try
- Contains cues to other types of factoring included in other videos