This Farmland: GMOs and Organic Agriculture lesson plan also includes:
Learn more about genetic modification, organic farming, and the role of biotechnology in agriculture by watching a documentary that shows how newly gained knowledge can be applied to specific situations involving farmers and the choices they must make.
- Learn more about the Arctic Apple and discuss the benefits of this product
- Some people in the United States prefer non-GMO products, yet yet support the use of GMO products to help starving populations in other countries; debate if this policy is ethical and why the standards applied might be different
- Increase the estimated time to complete the lesson if using the referenced video (44 minutes) and any supplemental videos
- Links to many science kits, posters, and multimedia presentations going more in depth on the topics
- Educational documentary is available for streaming online, or teachers can purchase it from Walmart, Amazon, iTunes, Netflix, etc.