This Fayette v. Take Two: The First Amendment lesson plan also includes:
An informative lesson provides scholars the opportunity to study a Supreme Court case regarding the First Amendment and make a ruling with the members of their group. Class members also participate in group discussion and prepare a written defense of their findings.
- Have pupils rule on other cases involving the First Amendment and then compare their rulings
- Guide a discussion on how the court's rulings regarding the First Amendment have evolved over time
- The resource requires learners to have prior knowledge of the judicial branch and the Bill of Rights
- The lesson provides extension activities to enhance learning
- Resource is easy to modify for individuals with additional learning needs