This Film Festival activity & project also includes:
Everybody's a critic—even your pupils! Using the included resources as a guide, screen films related to social justice and ask film enthusiasts to critique them. Publish the reviews for your school community or develop a film festival using the guidance in the resource. Materials include various rubrics and checklists to keep scholars on track and accountable to the goals of the project.
- Have students write reviews of movies through a social justice lens
- Class members need access to movies and a way to view them
- Examine the school's film policy before showing a movie
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Resource includes links to ideas for school-appropriate movies
- Discussion questions stimulate debate