This Fit-Ness assessment also includes:
Serve four towns with one bus route. Pupils develop a bus route that meets certain criteria to serve four towns. They determine which of the routes would best serve all of them. Individuals then hypothesize where a fifth town should be located in order to serve it with the same bus route.
- Lead a discussion on determining the distance to a line
- Create groups that have different bus routes to discuss their strategies
- Having a conceptual understanding of least-squares regressions is advantageous
- Solution paths can be numerical or non-numerical
- The data points are presented in context as opposed to abstract data points