This Fluency Passages, 3rd Grade worksheet also includes:
What would it be like to travel in a covered wagon? Learn about the life of a pioneer with a short informational reading passage. Kids read four paragraphs about traveling in a covered wagon and how it is different than traveling today, then answer two questions about ideas found in the text.
- Incorporate into a lesson about pioneers, and have kids research different facts about covered wagon travel
- Prompt kids to write about how something else is very different than it was a few centuries ago
- Give more questions for young readers to ponder, or have them come up with additional discussion points
- The level for this specific passage is designated "easy," though attached reading passages vary in difficulty
- Reading level is appropriate for early readers, as well as readers who are at a more advance level
- Provides several other reading passages with informational text, all with designated "Easy," "Average," or "Advanced" levels