This Food Waste and Natural Resources unit also includes:
- Lesson 1: Producers, Consumers, and Natural Resources
- Lesson 2: Food Waste from Farm to Fork
- Who Made Your Breakfast?
- Lesson Plan
- Answer Key
- Join to access all included materials
There is a limited supply of natural resources. Pupils complete a series of activities to investigate the natural resources used in food processing. They consider food waste to draw conclusions about the amount of resources used needlessly and how to correct misuse of these resources.
- Invite a local farmer to speak about the use of water in agriculture
- Review vocabulary related to producers and consumers prior to the activity
- Expects learners to make simple conversion calculations
- Includes both a pre- and post-test
- Uses easily obtainable materials