Ready to tackle the concept of symmetry? Show your class a video that combines it with football, and you'll definitely score the extra point! The resource illustrates different types of symmetry and relates it to both muscle memory and Newton's Laws of Motion.
- After watching the video, have the class create a list of other types of symmetry and an example of each
- Do other sports exhibit symmetry? Show clips of various sports and instruct individuals to name and describe the symmetrical relationships they see
- Pupils should have some prior knowledge of geometry
- The video depicts several types of symmetry, making it very useful for day one introduction
- Illustrations are simple and easy for learners to reproduce in note form