This Football, the Beautiful Game lesson plan also includes:
Discover how to use mathematics to make a stronger soccer team. Young soccer enthusiasts use given data to make decisions about a soccer team. They decide which position to assign each player, consider what makes a good pass and interception, and think about where best to shoot a goal.
- Consider working with a physical education teacher for the unit
- Note that the unit is intended for a U.K. audience, so some terminology may be unfamiliar to U.S. learners
- Resource suggests that pupils have access to computers to view videos and software apps, but paper versions are available
- Videos and actual data make the task realistic
- Teacher notes give suggestions for differentiation