This Forces Lab interactive also includes:
Here's a force to be reckoned with in the physics classroom! Scholars discover the movements associated with tension, compression, and other common forces through a hands-on simulation. Pupils pull, push, and twist their way through each scenario, complete with everyday examples.
- Extend the lesson by asking pupils to research and determine other real-world examples of torsion and tension at work
- Break out a Slinky and demonstrate the forces the lab shows
- Make sure individuals have a computer with Internet access to work through the interactive
- Simple explanations using common terms make the lesson very relatable
- Great examples illustrate each force on a larger scale
- The resource is perfect for introducing common forces to younger students