This Foreign Interference in U.S. Elections lesson plan also includes:
With election security looming large for 2020, pupils decide what should be done to protect them from foreign interference. A series of videos, including interviews with national security officials, elected representatives, and experts looks at how foreign governments have tried to disrupt American elections. Discussion questions allow for individuals to make their recommendations to keep elections free and fair.
- Evaluate problems in election security using the included worksheet
- Lesson was created before the 2018 midterm elections and may need updating
- Students must view video clips to complete activities
- Resource addresses a relevant current event
- Worksheet and discussion questions encourage class members to synthesize information to develop their own ideas