This Forget Waldo—Where is 'the Orthocenter'? lesson plan also includes:
Where is the center of a triangle? Individuals draw perpendicular lines representing the altitudes of a triangle. Finding the intersection gives the location for the orthocenter of the triangle.
3 Views 1 Download CCSS: Designed
- Have the class begin a graphic organizer to summarize concurrency points for triangles
- Pupils should be familiar with perpendicular lines
- Learners must be able to solve systems of equations
- Color coding helps distinguish the lines
- Provides some suggestions for formative and summative assessment