This Forming a Research-Based Claim: Comparing Cascading Consequences lesson plan also includes:
It's time to weigh the risks and benefits of screen time! Pupils work in triads to identify the strongest positive and negative consequences from their Cascading Consequences chart. Next, using the chart and their researcher's notebooks, they create a Comparing Risks and Benefits chart based on teenagers' screen time.
- Have learners brainstorm several examples of the vocabulary words risk and benefit
- Lesson 14 from the consecutive 19-part Grade 7 ELA Module 4A, Unit 2 series
- Requires two different colored pencils per student
- Offers strategies for lesson differentiation
- Provides a sample teacher think-aloud