It's more heavily urbanized than its immediate neighbors, but then the Republic of Congo has a different political history. Oil wealth helped create a different destiny for the African nation. Viewers learn interesting facts and discover the Republic of Congo's history using an engaging video—and even hear that the country is home to the African Loch Ness Monster!
- Use the video in conjunction with the one on the Democratic Republic Congo to discover how geography has influenced the development of the two countries
- Includes irreverent humor typical of the series
- Part 40 of an informative Countries A-Z video series
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Photographs and maps demonstrate complicated political concepts
- Video explores history normally neglected by regular curriculum