From his role as a British officer in the French and Indian War, to a representative on the Continental Congress, and finally as the first president of the United States of America, offer your learners a succinct and comprehensive look into the life of George Washington.
- This is a great resource to present on Presidents' Day!
- Discuss the ways in which Washington may have embodied or contradicted the spirit of American democracy in the early years of the nation's founding
- Learners should have a general understanding of the course of the American Revolution prior to beginning this lesson
- This is an overview of Washington's career leading up to his presidency, rather than a review of the presidential term itself
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Includes variety of primary source images
- Offers information about Washington that is less widely known