This German Expressionism: Crash Course Film History #7 video also includes:
The seventh episode in the a film history playlist takes a close look at the rise and fall of German cinema of the post-World War I period. The narrator uses The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari and its expressionistic use of mise-en-scene to illustrate German Expressionism.
- Include in a study of propaganda techniques in films and/or the post World War I period
- The video is intended as an overview of German film culture; pause the video frequently to permit viewers to note topics they would like to research in greater depth
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Uses film clips to illustrate the ideas being discussed
- The video ends with a recap of the major points