This Getting Along: Grades K-2 lesson plan also includes:
Boost social awareness with two activities focusing on getting along. In the first activity, scholars brainstorm ways to get along with their classmates and create four rules for the classroom. The second activity asks pupils to track the activities that make them happy, choose their favorite one, and draw a picture.
- Conduct the quiz orally to extend the discussion on getting along
- Plan to complete the activities at the start of the school year to boost a positive classroom community
- Review the rules during your Back to School Night presentation, encourage parents and guardians to have their child follow the same rules outside of school
- The first activity takes 40 minutes to complete; the second activity takes 20 minutes to complete, after tracking for one week
- Both activities come with extension opportunities
- Provides the quiz's answer key