This Grade 10 ELA Module 2: Unit 2, Lesson 10 lesson plan also includes:
All good things must come to an end! Scholars put all their learning into practice by completing an end-of-unit assessment. They use textual evidence from Julia Alvarez's "A Genetics of Justice" to write essays analyzing how Alvarez develops and refines her claims.
- Provide learners with the text analysis checklist prior to completing the assignment to help them plan and self-assess their writing
- Final lesson from the 10-part Grade 10 ELA Module 2: Unit 2 series
- Requires completion of previous lessons from the unit
- Does not provide a copy of the essay, so teachers must locate it on their own
- Provides an end-of-unit text analysis rubric to assess student work
- Includes elements of a high-performance writing response