This Grade 10 ELA Module 4: Unit 2, Lesson 16 lesson plan also includes:
How do complex characters develop over the course of a text? Pupils read Act 5.1 from Shakespeare's Macbeth, which depicts Lady Macbeth's descent into madness. Using discussion and writing exercises, scholars analyze how Shakespeare develops Lady Macbeth's character to advance a central idea of the play.
- Have partners act out a role play between Lady Macbeth and a modern-day therapist
- Bring in real-life objects from the scene, such as perfume and a nightgown, to help English learners acquire new vocabulary
- Lesson 16 of 26 from the Grade 10 ELA Module 4, Unit 2 series
- Expects instructors to implement the lessons consecutively
- Provides a guided learning sequence with instructional notes and helpful symbols
- Offers several ideas for lesson differentiation