This Grade 11 ELA Module 2: Unit 1, Lesson 3 lesson plan also includes:
Go figure! Scholars take a look at the figurative language used in the last half W.E.B. Du Bois's work "Of Our Spiritual Strivings." They pay special attention to the metaphors he used and develop ideas with group discussion and guided questions. Responses to a Quick Write prompt assesses learner understanding.
- Review and ask for examples of different types of figurative language prior to the lesson (similes, metaphors, personification, etc.)
- Part of a larger unit, Grade 11 ELA Module 2: Unit 1
- Pairs learners for discussion
- Includes answers to questions
- Provides example for completing the Idea Tracking Tool