This Grade 12 ELA Module 1: Unit 1, Lesson 22 lesson plan also includes:
Using their annotations and questions developed as homework, class members discuss chapter 16 of The Autobiography of Malcolm X and the narrative techniques Haley uses to heighten the tension and power of the events at this turning point in Malcolm X's life.
- Preview the YouTube videos of the boxing match between Cassius Clay and Sonny Liston to determine if suitable for your classroom
- The 22nd in a 28-lesson unit on narrative writing that uses The Autobiography of Malcolm X as an anchor text and as a model for the personal narrative required on the college Common Application
- A protocol must be in place for the safe, respectful discussion of controversial topics
- The 12-page packet includes a detailed plan, discussion questions with model responses, and an assignment sheet
- Resource is designed for Common Core