This Grade 12 ELA Module 1: Unit 1, Lesson 8 lesson plan also includes:
Readers use the provided worksheet to analyze the narrative techniques Haley uses, in chapter 6 of The Autobiography of Malcolm X, to continue the development of the central ideas of racial identity and systemic oppression.
2 Collections 6 Views 3 Downloads CCSS: Designed
- If class members have not previously been introduced to the peer- review process, model the process with a draft saved from previous years
- The eighth in a series of a 28-lesson unit on narrative writing which uses The Autobiography of Malcolm X as an anchor text and as a model for the personal narrative required on the college Common Application
- A protocol must be in place for the safe, respectful discussion of controversial topics
- The 14-page packet includes a detailed plan, discussion questions and model responses, the Central Ideas Tracking worksheet, and a homework assignment
- A Common Core designed lesson