Shark! Scholars read about sharks in Facts about Sharks by Susanna Batchelor. They then pretend they are shark scientists and choose a shark they want to study. Learners research their sharks and record information in graphic organizers before writing essays supporting why they chose the shark.
- Create a Shark Investigation folder for writers to store graphic organizers and notes from their research
- Visit an aquarium or ask a representative to speak to the class as an extension to the lesson
- Designed as a DOK 3 (learners may need support)
- Includes a grading rubric for essays
- Offers annotated sample work