This Grade 9 ELA Module 1: Unit 3, Lesson 13 lesson plan also includes:
Readers examine the conversation between Friar Laurence and Romeo in act 3, scene 3 of Romeo and Juliet and consider how Shakespeare's word choices impact the development of Romeo's character.
1 Collection 11 Views 2 Downloads CCSS: Designed
- As class members listen to the audio of the scene, have them highlight, on their copy of the text, words they feel reveal aspects of Romeo's character
- A link is provided to a free audio version of the scene
- The 13th in a 20-lesson unit that uses Romeo and Juliet as an anchor text
- The 12-page resource includes a list of the Common Core standards that form the basis of the lesson, the plan, a vocabulary list, discussion questions and sample responses, a note-taking worksheet, a Quick Write prompt, and a homework assignment
- Some readers may need additional support to keep up with their Accountable Independent Reading (AIR) assignment