This Graph of y=cos(x) lesson plan also includes:
How do Egyptians and trigonometric functions appear similar? The teacher shows the video Walk Like an Egyptian to introduce the concept of the graph of cosine. Pupils determine values of cosine for various angle measures in both degrees and radians. Scholars graph the functions and determine key features such as range, domain, period, and intercepts.
- Review converting degrees to radians
- Individuals should know how to find the values of cosine for various values
- Class members need access to graphing calculators
- Provides tables to find the points to plot
- Contains descriptions of possible misconceptions