This Graphing Circles: Lesson video also includes:
Explore a standard method to graph a circle. Given the standard form of the equation of a circle, the segment of a basic geometry playlist shows how to graph the circle. The resource works examples of graphing a circle, finding the equation from a graph, and determining whether a point is on the circle.
- Lead a discussion on how to determine whether a point is inside or outside a circle
- Assumes individuals know how to determine whether a point is a solution to an equation
- It is helpful if pupils recognize that adding a positive is the same thing as subtracting a negative
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Contains a link to other resources on graphing circles, including interactives
- Shows the algebraic steps needed in the examples