This Guidance and Career Education: Pathways—Career Awareness lesson plan also includes:
Prepare kids for their next phase of life with a project-based lesson on careers. Learners discuss careers that they'd like to have and group them into fields, then work with peers to research more about that career and present what they have learned.
- Use during a career unit or when preparing for Career Day
- Have kids interview people from the community with jobs in the career fields they are researching
- Encourage older learners to present their projects to younger learners (i.e. seniors presenting to freshmen, high schoolers presenting to middle schoolers, middle schoolers presenting to fourth graders, etc)
- Lesson plan can be a little daunting at first glance, but it has lots of great ideas and instruction materials
- Comes with auxiliary materials for kids to complete the project
- Involves group work, research, and presentation skills