This Heart to Heart lesson plan also includes:
Begin a unit on the heart, the parts and the function of the heart, and about heart disease with a resource that includes a lecture, a PowerPoint presentation, and research information. The lesson plan is the first of a four-part series and provides the background information for the two associated activities.
- Contact local cardiologists and see if they can visit the class
- Have the class draw a heart and label the parts using the vocabulary words
- If you do not feel comfortable with your knowledge about the heart, work with the biology or anatomy teacher
- The resource includes a script to use with the presentation
- Provides links to websites to help the pupils get started with their research
- The amount of material presented does not seem like it is enough to cover the three hours