This Historical Analysis of Constitutional Amendments lesson plan also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
Each of the 27 Amendments to the U.S. Constitution were adopted within specific economic, political, social or cultural, and international contexts. As part of their Constitution Day/Week studies, seniors investigate these factors for six key Amendments and present their findings to the class.
- Jigsaw groups and have these experts present their findings to other social studies classes or language arts classes during Constitution Week.
- September 17 through September 23 each year is designated as Constitution Week
- Although designed for twelfth grade honors or Advanced Placement classes, the lessons can be easily adapted for all junior and senior social studies classes
- The 30-page packet includes background information about Constitution Day and about Senator Robert C. Byrd, a teacher's guide, fact sheets for the six Amendments under review, and directions for the timeline activity