How can we stop the tiny terrors that cause illness? Junior epidemiologists examine the methods used to control the spread of pathogens with a video from from a biology playlist. The narrator describes the benefits of hygiene, immunization, and pesticide use in stopping a variety of illness-causing agents.
- Use the resource to start a discussion of public health or sanitation
- Have groups research common pathogens to find out what people are doing to eradicate them
- The video assumes a basic knowledge of bacteria and other pathogens
- The video packs a lot of interesting information into a short presentation
- Animations help viewers understand how certain pathogens are transmitted