Get a magnified look at cells. Learners see the relative size of cells by virtually viewing a display at the Exploratorium. When the width of a hair is scaled to be almost a foot, a virus is no bigger than a poppy seed. Scholars hear an explanation of why and how masks and social distancing help protect against such a tiny virus.
- Create or calculate the size of other things using the same scale
- Lead a discussion of current recommendations for staying safe
- Assumes knowledge of cell sizes
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Provides a link to other resources
- Gives information about mask recommendations during the COVID-19 pandemic