This How Do I Act Like a Friend? lesson plan also includes:
Familiar puppets set the stage for a thoughtful discussion about friendship. To show what they know, scholars role-play scenarios. Peers offer a thumbs up when they view positive character traits exhibit good friend behavior.
3 Views 3 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Invite pupils to draw a picture of one of the scenarios they discussed
- Challenge learners to keep their eye out for acts of friendship, direct them to continue giving thumbs ups to further encourage positive behavior
- Sing the Friendship song during brain breaks to refresh minds and bodies, as well as remind participants to be good friends
- Second of four lessons in a series that examines friendship
- Use the same puppets from lesson one
- The song is sung to the catchy tune, "If You're Happy and You Know It"
- Strips provide space to write your scenarios