This How Do Pictures Tell the Story of Angel Island? lesson plan also includes:
Young historians learn more about the history of Angel Island Immigration Station through their analysis of primary source images. Guided by a list of inferential questions, scholars learn how to make and record observations on a "Matrix: How do Pictures Tell the Story of Angel Island?" worksheet.
- Post the photographs on an Angel Island Immigration Station-themed focus wall next to the map of Angel Island class members developed in a previous lesson
- Requires transparencies, copies of photographs, and a class set of the matrix worksheet
- Lesson 11 in a series of 14
- The accompanying teacher guide provides instructors with historical background information about Angel Island Immigration Station
- The Curriculum Guide provides an overview of the entire series
- The plan provides step-by-step directions for the activity