Why can't we text when wearing wool gloves? The narrator explains the science behind touchscreens as part of a larger physics series. From sensors to translation, the complex process of sending a simple emoji comes to life.
11 Views 10 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Learn more about the evolution and sensitivity of touchscreens
- Test various materials to see which activate a touchscreen and which don't, i.e. cotton, q-tip, wool, eraser, etc.
- Relies on prior knowledge of smartphone technology and the poop emoji
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Connects physics, engineering, math, technology, and computer technology
- Offers closed captioning in four languages for the hearing impaired
- Applies to everyday life