It's one of those questions that seems simple, but is it? Watch as an interviewer asks people how long it takes for the Earth to go around the sun — and their surprising responses. The video provides a humorous look at a basic earth science concept.
- Pose the question to the class and watch for pauses, puzzlement, and (hopefully) no wrong answers
- Incorporate the resource into a solar system unit as an icebreaker
- Ensure younger learners know the correct answer before watching the video to guard against misconceptions
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Video illustrates how common knowledge tends to become less common after we leave school behind
- The reasoning behind the answers can provide cues to help you diagnose gaps in learning