This How Risky is Life? lesson plan also includes:
"Life is more risk management, rather than exclusion of risks." -Walter Wriston. Scholars use provided mortality data to determine how likely it is a person will die from a particular cause. They compare the data to the perception of the risk of death from these causes.
- Have the class research more recent population data and statistics to use in the lessons
- Each lesson requires certain materials; see beginning of each lesson for complete list
- Be sure the software for stage four works on your computer
- Teacher notes are given in a different color to distinguish them from the rest of the lesson guide
- Reproducible student worksheets are all grouped together in the resource for easy printing
- Provided mortality data is for England; statistics might be different for the U.S.